Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Corporate Support Technician II in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Req ID: 109581
BASIC PURPOSE : The primary purpose of the Corporate Support Technician II role is to provide first level support to
ensure proper computing and telecommunications operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This
includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may
involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands
on help at the desktop level.
· Field incoming help requests from users via telephone, e-mail and in person in a courteous manner.
· Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
· Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
· Prioritize and schedule resolution. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician, analyst, developer or administrator.
· Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue.
· Use diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, frequently asked question resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
· Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, telephones, implementing file backups,
and configuring systems applications.
· Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
· Perform post-resolution follow-ups with customers to ensure resolutions remain successful and have not caused any other issues.
· User Support Administrative Duties
· Share Point Support
· Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
HS Diploma or equivalent required
Associates Degree in the field of Computer Science
Current hardware/software certifications (A+, MCP) preferred
Six months experience in the computer support field or six months experience in a computer support role
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Hard skills: Working knowledge of desktop computers, laptops, telephones, peripherals, Windows XP, Windows 7 and the Microsoft Office Suite
Soft Skills: Strong customer service orientation; effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills; strong written and oral communication skills; analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail; self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under littler supervision; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Typical Physical Demands:
On-call availability as needed.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love’s Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love’s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love’s has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes’ Magazine’s annual listing of America’s largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love’s commitment has remained the same: “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.”